Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sushi Night

A while ago, Chelle told me she was taking a mutual friend out for sushi for her birthday, and invited me to come along. Even though I don’t like sushi, at all, neither does Chelle, so I said I would, in a sign of solidarity. So finally, last night was the night. We got all psyched up to it, and went to the place, Wild Ginger. We sat down, and looked at the menu. I was looking for the least fishy item on the menu. Finally, we settled on the California Roll, the Philadelphia Roll, and a Tempura roll. We also ordered (For us non-sushi gals) a sweet and sour chicken, lest we HATE the sushi and needed a backup food. Finally, our food arrived.

Sushi1

Looks ok, right? So we tried them all, and they weren’t too bad, actually. The fishiest one was the California, with that (fake) crabmeat. My favorite, by far, was the Tempura one; it had no fish in it, just chopped up Tempura veggies. Delicious!

SushiVieve

And at the end of the day, it wasn’t the worst experience I’ve had ever. Naturally, we left most of the sushi, and ate all of the chicken. I don’t know that I love sushi now, but at least I know, if in a pinch, and needed to eat some (When would this happen?) I could eat some rolls without dying.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Thanks so much for enduring this dinner with me. Just think...you were there to experience this amazing adventure and now I can mark it off my bucket list.