Monday, August 19, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

The weekend was filled with a lot of slow walking. The later Saturday got, the more my knees hurt, so going up and down stairs was not a good thing. I had actually changed into my pajamas, and just laid down for the rest of the day. Sunday, things were better, but stairs still presented a bit of a problem, but it’s getting better every passing hour, so soon, I’ll be totally healed. I always forget that after a long race like that, my body takes a long time to recover.

Yesterday, at church, I had set my hymn book down on the chair next to me, and then got my things together, and stood up after the first meeting. After I picked up my bag, I guess I hadn’t realized that I set my book halfway on it, because it fell right off, and landed on my foot. Of course, being in church, I couldn’t cry out, so I just quietly endured my pain. It hurt for the rest of the day, and then today, there’s a bruise on my foot. I can’t believe that I endured a half marathon, and got out with no issues, just to drop a book on it, and hurt myself. I can’t believe my luck sometimes.

Today at work, Chelle and I were sitting there, chatting, and I looked on the wall behind her, as I was talking and I saw what I thought was a giant bug. Then it moved, and I actually saw that IT WAS A FREAKING MOUSE WALKING ON THE WALL!!! Yes, there was a mouse in our building, on the wall, crawling around like nobody’s business. Well, of course we all flipped out, and got people over to get it. After a while, they told us they’d caught one in another person’s office, but until they can guarantee to us that it’s the same one, I’ll assume there are many mice around here, just living in the walls or something. Ughhhhh.

No comments: