Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Put Me In, Coach!

Today was my first practice as an assistant coach. Chelle and I (and her sister-in-law) are coaches for a 5-year old girls soccer team. We’ve known about being the coaches for a while, but today was our very first practice, with our first game happening in another week. Since none of us have ever coached before, this was a scary experience for me.

We started off with introductions. Them to us, us to them. We talked about the rules of soccer, we broke off into groups for smaller drills, reconvened back up for some running, stretched, and that was practice. It lasted 45 minutes, and it was a good one. I thought we were supposed to have a group of soccer newbies who didn’t know anything, but almost every girl had been on a team last year! We only had 3 girls that hadn’t been on teams previously. But I think we’ll have a great team. Our name is The Angels. I think that’s a great name! After practice was over, we took a group shot, for memories, of course.

Angels

Don’t they look great? Wish us luck for a great season!

1 comment:

Maleen said...

So cute. You will be great at coaching. Daisy just told me she wants to play, but we missed the registration. I guess we'll have to wait until Fall. Have fun!!