Sunday, March 24, 2013

Cake Cookie Bars

I haven’t baked for a long time.  First there was the vacation, and then when I came back, I had that awful cold, and no one wants to take treats from a sick-o, so I just haven’t done anything. Today, whilst I was at church, I realized how long it had been, and thought it was time I made something. I came across this recipe and thought it was easy enough to get things going, without committing myself after being away for so long. The recipe is as follows:
 
I box yellow cake mix
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
¼ cup water
¾ cup oil
2 eggs
½ cup chocolate chips
½ cup M&M’s
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cake mix, pudding, water, oil, eggs and chocolate in bowl. Pour the batter into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake the bars for 20-30 minutes (I did mine for 24 and that was fine) it looked really raw in the middle, but that’s because of the pudding, so don’t worry. The edges will be crispy and brown.
 
Now, of course, I didn’t check any of my supplies before I got going here, so of course after I poured the dry ingredients in, I realized I didn’t have any eggs. Naturally, today’s a Sunday, so I couldn’t get to the store. Luckily I just went to a neighbors’ and they gave me what I needed. These were so gooey to cut into, and even now, they’re very mushy and gooey. It’s just a weird cookie bar to be eating. And I don’t know if it’s because of my cooking spray or what, but these seem very greasy on the bottom. I like them, I just wonder how I can make them different. But I do recommend them, and I used mini M&M’s just because I think smaller things are more fun. But give these a try, they’re yum.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Thesse turned out yummy. I am glad that you are back to baking. I have missed it!! :)