Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Recap of Florida

After Wednesday, our DW vacay was over. We spent Friday visiting various families we had in Florida, my brother and his wife live there, as does Husband’s grandmother. As I was visiting my brother, his daughter made me hold their guinea pig for a while. Her name was Princess. She seemed terrified of my niece, ha ha.

3-9-13 412

We visited the beach in Sarasota

3-9-13 406

I am trying to look neither cold nor sick there. My sickness had come in with a vengeance on Thursday, so I was sick. My throat was killing me, my sinuses were out of control, and I just felt awful. But on the way back from the beach, I found a cupcake place, of course, called Cupcakes a Go-Go. The cupcakes weren’t that good, so I was sad, but still, at least I got to enjoy one!

Friday was spent traveling back. On the flight to Denver, I sat next to an older gentleman who offered to buy me a scotch. I politely declined his request. And I was trying so hard not to seem sick! But I don’t think I did very well there. After a quick flight from Denver back to good ol’ SLC, I was home. And ready to be home. Vacations are nice, but like the saying says, there’s no place like home.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Okay, I'm reading this vacation backward which is always weird. I'm sorry you got sick...that is no fun. Especially when you probably want to be playing.

Chelle! said...

I like that picture of you. Just letting you know. Glad you are back in Utah!