Wednesday, March 27, 2013

First Soccer Game!

As I have blogged about our new soccer team, I will not waste any time introducing it. Today was our first game! We (Chelle and I) have been prepping for a week now. Sadly, we had to skip all of our soccer practices the past week because of inclement weather, so today was the first time seeing everyone again since the very first practice. Of course, I had forgotten half of the girls’ names. They were pretty good about telling me again what they were. After some warming up, we got started. We got to be on the field with the girls, Chelle back with the defensive girls, and me just running all over with the ball (well, the girls with the ball). It was fun, tiring, and made me sweaty by the end. After the game, we had cupcakes, to celebrate the other coach’s birthday. After singing to her, and giving everyone high fives, we all dug in.

CupcakewithFlair

How cute are these?! I used a funfetti cake with a vanilla frosting, dyed yellow to match the liners and pop-ups. I think they’re pretty fun. So now, I know what to expect from a game, and how to prep for them. And, in case you wondered, we tied, 1-1. It was a great game, and I can’t wait for the next one!

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Our soccer team is absolutely adorable. I am grateful that we are coaching together.