Sunday, December 30, 2012

Takin’ It Down

I am OCD. We all know this, we’ve accepted it, and moved on. To me, as soon as Christmas the day is over, I’m done with the holiday. No more movies, no more music, I’m done celebrating it. I’m no Grinch about it, I won’t begrudge others the opportunity to celebrate it, but for me, I’m good. So today, this first Sunday after Christmas, I decided during church that I was going to take down the Christmas stuff when I got home today. So, I came home and got to work, and it all came down much quicker than I thought, and fit into my boxes more neatly than I thought they would. I was PSYCHED about it all. And as I was moving ornaments from my old crappy boxes to my new, clear, fancy (not fancy) boxes, there was a silver ornament in the blue ornament box. So, in my thinking, I tossed the ornament to the other box. As soon as it left my hand, I realized, it’s GLASS! And where did it land? Oh, on the cement bricks of the fireplace, of course.

Ornament

Dang it! It was such a pretty one, too. Naturally, we got it cleaned up, and everything, but now I have avowed to not throw ornaments anymore. I think that’s a good life goal.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Bummer. I hate breaking ornaments. And I like holidays to end on time too. I am bugged that I haven't gotten my stuff down, or finished blogging about Christmas, but c'est la vie.