Sunday, December 2, 2012

Greetings from Germany!

Hallo friends! (German already, fluent) This blog is coming to you today direct from Germany! I'm over here with Husband right now, as he is here for business, and I am tagging along. Let me tell you of my adventure so far. We left Saturday evening at 5 is when our plane took off. I wanted to sleep for the flight, since we'd be traveling all night, but alas, this didn't happen according to plan. We did get a dinner on the flight:
Delicious! That's a tiny salad in the corner, a brownie in the other corner, there's a roll in the lower right and in the lower left, its the entree. Something with chicken and rice which was actually pretty gross. But that's ok, the rest of my food filled me up. By the time our plane landed in Paris the next morning, I was thoroughly exhausted. To offset the tiredness, I bought some caffeine in a place in the airport. Diet Coke?, I said, when I saw it. Don't mind if I do!

Coca-Cola light? What the heck, Europe!? And it tastes different over here. It's sweeter. So weird. Then our plane left there, too, and after a short flight, we landed in Germany. Since it was evening, and we hadn't eaten in hours, we stopped to eat at the first place we saw on the road:
That's right, friends! BURGER KING! Naturally, we tried to convey our orders in our native tongue, which didn't go too well. We got our point across, and we got food, but still, I felt like a jerk for not being able to understand her, or able to speak her language. Oh well, I suppose.

Finally, we got to our destination, and after another dinner (I had venison! And accidentally ate some tuna tartare thing, so gross) I went to bed at about 10:30. After having been awake for about 31 hours, I was ready to sleep.

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

I love it!!! Diet Coke Light...what the heck is exactly what I would say. 31 hours straight...I don't think I could do it. I am excited to see what happens next. Miss you!

Maleen said...

Wait got it. Husband was doing businessy things. So fun for you guys to be able to go over there together.