Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Gingerbread Bites

I have my department Christmas lunch today, and as usual, I will be bringing a dessert. I found this recipe on Pinterest, and was excited to try it out. I’ll give you the recipe first:
Gingerbread Cheesecake Bites
1 package of gingerbread cookie mix, made according to package directions, with 3/4 cup extra flour mixed in.
4 oz cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Roll two teaspoons of cookie dough into a ball for each cookie. Place balls of dough into paper lines mini cupcake/muffin pan.
IMG_3473 Make a well/indentation into each ball of dough with a flour dipped mini rolling pin or the back of a measurement teaspoon. (I don’t think my indentations are big enough, btw.
IMG_3474
Beat room temperature cream cheese with powdered sugar. Stir in vanilla. Place filling into a piping bag, cut off edge of bag. Place one teaspoon of filling into each cookie dough.
IMG_3475
Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes or until cookie tested with tooth pick comes out almost clean.
Don't over fill the cookies or filling as they will rise when baked.
Let cool before removing from cupcake pan.
I did an…ok job with these. They looked really good going in, I thought, but then, when I pulled them out, they looked…bad.
IMG_3477
But they tasted pretty delish, and that’s all that matters! I would recommend making the hole bigger, for sure. That’s all I would do differently.

No comments: