Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Adventures Continue

The adventure, continues, my friends, and not always the good way you think. Last night, we had to leave our city of Attendorn and our castle hotel. We are now in the city of Stuttgart, and the hotel of Best Western. Luckily for me, this hotel is pretty close to how an American hotel, which is nice. And mostly everyone here speaks English, so double yes! On the way here, we had to switch cars, for 2 reasons. A: The original one was a stick shift, and I can't drive it, and B: we are now taking a fourth person with us to the airport, so we need the extra room. So we stopped at the Frankfurt airport again, and drove away with this behemoth:
Holy could it be any bigger?! It is huge. The van hits the top of the parking garage we were in - it's that large. Now that we have the big car, I'm actually afraid to drive it, so getting the automatic car might have been a waste of time, oops. The room is still needed!

Now, we got in, really late, on account of the GPS taking us to the wrong location. Someone, whoever put the city/address into the GPS (I'm not saying who, but maybe their name rhymes with Eve) and so we were in the total wrong location. Naturally, as we were then about an hour or so later than we intended to be, and we're all hungry, this led to small fights starting in the car, as we just wanted to be out of it. But we made it, checked in, and got on our way.

The next morning, I was alone in my hotel room, getting ready, and I decide to brush my teeth. I should mention, I'm in underpants. Literally, I have no clothes on except for my underthings. So I'm sitting there, brushing along, watching some TV, and all of a sudden, the door opens, and in comes a maid. Well this SURPRISES me, so all of a sudden, there she is, and I'm like, uh... don't know how to get out of this, and I tell her I'm not ready and she says something in German. I say again, I'll still be a minute, and she goes and gets the door hanger - you know, the do not disturb-please come in one. And then she explained to me (In German) how I had it on the wrong side, so that's why she came in. The whole time, I'm thinking, I DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPENED JUST LEAVE SINCE I AM NAKED, and she finally left. Here's what the door hanger looks like, and I SWEAR, I SWEAR I didn't have it on the wrong side, but alas. We'll never know for real.

Then later, I went to discover the town. I walked around, I found stores, I walked, I walked, and I walked. And....I got lost. I tried to find my way back to the hotel, and it didn't work. At all. I wandered around for an extra hour and a half trying to find it. When I finally did, I had to take my pants off and put them on the radiator to dry, because I was soaked. But now at least, I know where everything in town is!

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Wait, I'm reading these in reverse order, but where is your husband?