Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Happy!

Merry Christmas everyone! On Christmas Eve, at the in-laws house, they usually find a person in the neighborhood that could use a bit of a hand-up. (Is that a phrase? Probably not.) So we spend some of the evening putting together said thing, and then deliver it under the guise of night. This year, we were looking for a way to make sort of a money Christmas tree, and found a Styrofoam wreath. The wheels started to churn in my head, I realized we could pin the money that we (they) were giving around the wreath. So, after finding some pins, I got to work. I pinned a row of money, then another row, and finished up with a row of 1-dollar bills, to hide the money underneath. I hung some money using some ribbon, then finished it with a bow.

Wreath

Snazzy, eh? I was proud of my work. We wrote a poem to go with the money, so they’d make sure to dig a little to find it all, and of course, I wanted to get a pic with it.

Vieve-Wreath

We piled into the car, and off we went. We took a back road to the house, and the driver waited in the getaway vehicle. We crept up, and off Husband went to put the wreath on the door, and ring the bell. He dressed up as Santa for this, beard and all. I was dying laughing. After we rang the bell, we hid behind a fence, to make sure they got it. After we waited a minute, Husband said he wasn’t sure if the bell rang, so he went to retrieve it, and put it on the other door.

Delivering

As soon as he turned the corner to the door, the first one opened! I panicked, and got behind the fence, praying he wouldn’t come out here. I started to casually walk away, like I hadn’t been involved in this, when suddenly, Husband appeared behind me. We waited at the fence for a second, then both of us peeked around it, to see the progress.

Busted!

The guy had poked his head out of the door right at that moment and saw us, and we were exposed. In his best Santa voice, Husband wished them a Merry Christmas, and told them we’d left them a present on the other door. Then, we turned and ran down the icy sidewalk, laughing all the way back to the car.

It was a fun experience, even with the hiccups. I love doing this sort of thing, I was so glad to be involved! I hope you all had Merry days as well!

No comments: