Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, my friends! Now, it is finally January 1, 2013. After a rousing evening of board games, in which I kicked butt at Scattergories (my favorite game of all time) and was introduced to Bananagrams (a surprising amount of fun, I recommend this game to all) I welcomed the new year, and then went to sleep. But as it is the new year, and as one would say, a new beginning, I've decided to take the opportunity, as have most people, to try and better myself in 2013. A few of my goals are:

1. To make myself more aware of, and thus save, the money I spend. So many times, I just buy things without thinking, and I need to stop this, and change it. Its not that I'm saving up for anything big or anything, but I think I should have money saved up in case I need it. I hear that's important.

2. I need to be healthier. I don't think I'm at the bottom of the heap, health-wise or anything, but I feel like I need to make better food choices, and possibly be more active. I mean, I get that I run every day, but I think I should do a little more, and maybe cut out a little sugar. Not all sugars, of course, but I think I could consume less.

3. I'm going to read 20 books this year. Last year, I got like, 16, and that is sad. I wish I was more well read, but sometimes, I just don't have the time for it. But it seems with the Kindle I got for Christmas, I'm reading a little more, because books are more accessible, and are right at my fingertips! So while I'd like to get more than 20 read, my minimum number here is 20.

4. I want to get 250 posts here on my blog. Last year, I had 190 (which is a lot, I know, and I thank you all for reading them) but I want to get a little more. My blog has turned into sort of a journal for me - every year I like to have it printed out to be able to keep in my records, and have a hard copy, so I'd like to record more events, and more things on here, and just keep you guys interested.

Now, I'm not saying that come 2014, you'll see a totally new Vieve. But I think that perhaps by then, you may see an improved one. I hope that if anyone here sets goals, you stick with them all throughout the year. Good luck!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

All very good goals. I think you can definitely do all of these.

Chelle! said...

I LOVE making goals. I love crossing them off of the list. I love the beginning of new years. You have some great goals. I can't wait for you to accomplish them. I know that you can do it.