Sunday, July 1, 2012

Patriotic!

It's almost Independence Day. The 4th of July. I can't believe it's already July, guys. Time just flies it seems. I run the Provo Freedom Run every 4th of July, with PJ. It's always a blast, it's only a 10k, which is nice, and we go all out with our clothing. We dress in red, white and blue to the nines. Headbands, wristbands, shirts, bandannas, everything. So far this year, I haven't been very lucky in finding stuff, so I'll just wear some repeats from next year, which I don't think will be too bad.
Last night, as I was watching the RSL game (which we lost, we're on a great losing streak right now!) PJ helped me sew a bracelet. She saw it on Pinterest, and we copied it and made it our own. We got some material at JoAnn's, and then worked them to create this braided awesomeness:
Fancy, eh? I'm definitely wearing this all day on Wednesday, especially during the race. And then today, I had a bit of free time this afternoon, and decided to paint my toenails. I really wanted to paint some flowers on here, but holy cow did those not work out. These just look like polka dots on here, dang it.
So, I tried my best, but they really don't look very good. I'm not going to fix or change them, because I can live with it. I haven't yet decided if I'll do anything else to celebrate our Independence Day, but if I do, I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

You should have come over here. We do stars and stripes on your toes and it is dang cute. I need to do my nails soon. Sheesh, I can't believe it is July either.