Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Twitter. My Fun Collossal Waste of Time

I'm on Twitter. There, I said it. I love it. It's fun. It's a fun way of communicating with people that you know, or even people that you don't know. That being said, I know Twitter is stupid. It is, it's a stupid waste of time, following people, most of whom I don't know in real life, and wouldn't know who I was if we passed in the street. It's dumb, sending out messages to people who honestly could probably care less, and would most likely not need to know most of what I tweet out. I tweet out ridiculous nonsense, and I know this. I even blogged about Twitter on here, like, forever ago. But I still love it, so there it is.
Anyhoo, this evening, I was sitting here eating dinner, reading my book. (Sometimes I like to read when I eat alone, it makes me feel like I'm doing something). Anyway, I got a text from a friend who told me that she's friends with Chris Wingert on Facebook. In case someone doesn't know who Chris Wingert is:
Anyway, she was telling me that he recently uploaded some fan pics onto his FB page, and one of the pics was the one that he had taken with me and PJ like, 2 years ago. I immediately got on there, and saw it, and of course, it made me smile. Here it is, in case you wanted to see:

So, for funsies, I tweeted about it, and mentioned Chris by his twitter name (which in case you wondered, alerts him to the tweet talking about him.) In my tweet, I said that he had posted a pic of the three of us, and said that because of this, we must be best friends. After 20 minutes or so, after a chuckle, I got a reply tweet from him saying "You know it! :)" and I squealed a little in happiness. I know that he doesn't know who I am. I know that he could care less of what some fan says, but that he took just a few minutes to joke and reply back just made me happy.
Now, will this change anything in my life? No. But is it something cool that happened on an otherwise boring Wednesday? Heck yes.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

That is pretty cool.

And p.s. Showing a picture of Chris does not tell us who he is. A mention like, 'he's a REAL soccer player or the like' would be much more helpful.

I figured this out from the second picture, but the first was lacking in important details.

Chelle! said...

I love this. He is absolutely gorgeous. I am so glad that you guys are best friends. I love when you tweet. Sometimes it makes me giggle; other times it makes me roll my eyes. Love it.