Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Oreo Brownies


Of course, it’s Tuesday, which means I’ll be sharing a recipe that I made last night. I don’t know what it is about Mondays, but I do like to bake on them. I think mostly because it’s one of my only “free” nights nowadays, so I’m like to bake. Plus, with my surgery being tomorrow, I’m trying to get all my chewing stuff done now, while I still can.
I was in a brownie mood last night, so I browsed through Pinterest to see what kind of brownie treats they had, and I found this: Oreo Brownies. It’s literally the easiest thing ever. You just take a brownie mix; follow the directions to make it. After your batter is mixed, you add in about a half a package of Oreo cookies, all smashed. I’m sure you can use a food processor to make them, but I used a Ziploc bag and a rolling pin. Worked pretty well for me. Mix the Oreo’s in pretty well, then pour into a 9x13 pan, and cook according to the directions. When they’re done, take them out, and let them cool for probably an hour or so, you don’t want them to be warm at all.
The recipe that I took these from were way fancier, after they had cooled, she had taken a glass cup and cut the brownies into circles, then frosted them. I just cut them into boring old squares, and frosted them that way. I used a buttercream frosting that was linked into the recipe, here it is:
½ cup shortening
½ cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbs milk
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, and vanilla. Blend in the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the milk, and continue mixing until light and fluffy.
Then I used a frosting bag and a fancy tip and frosted each cookie. Then I used a few Oreos smashed up, and decorated the tops of the frosting. If you want, you can put a whole Oreo, or a mini Oreo and put it on top, for like, a garnish. Here is my finished product:

So, no muss, no fuss, these were easy and delicious, if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

It is definitely one of those of those days where I would happily eat one of those, but it sounds like too much energy to make them.

Good work though.