Thursday, July 5, 2012

Otterly Adorable!


Today was Husband’s birthday. I had taken the day off because originally, we were going to use this day to go to Lagoon. He’s never been there, and while I really don’t like the place, I figure, this is a good way for him to go, when I do it as a gift and therefore am sort of forced to go. So I planned everything (it was a surprise, of course) and got all ready, and then when I woke up, what the heck, it was raining! We’ve had a billion degree temperatures for weeks now, and the ONE DAY I planned to be outside, doing stuff, it rains. So I got in touch with Lagoon, to see if they were still open in the rain. They are, but they shut down a bunch of the rides, so I didn’t see a point in slogging through the rain, just to not be able to ride everything, so we had to plan something else. We decided to go to the Sandy Aquarium, we’ve been talking about it for a really long time, ever since I’d seen the billboard up there with the otter picture on it, telling me they’re ‘Otterly adorable’. Of course I had to go.
I got to pet a sting ray, which was pretty awesome. When they swim around, they’re pretty calm, not doing anything, but they kept coming up on the sides, which was freaking me right the heck out, I thought it was going to attack. I took this pic of Husband pointing at this eel –
the eel kept opening and shutting his mouth, it looked like it was trying to eat us through the glass. We walked around the whole thing, looked at all the animals. This is a pic of me in a canoe they randomly had there. I tried to pick up the oar next to it, but it was bolted to the ground.

The best exhibits were probably the penguins and the otters, but I couldn’t get good pictures of either animals, they were all moving too fast. I would include them here, but really, it would just look like a garbled picture of brown or water, so I won’t. But believe me when I tell you they were awesome little animals, and I wanted to hug them. I wish I could have snuggled an otter, I bet they’re snuggly little guys.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Yep, all my pictures were pretty blurry too. Like I said, not much light there.

Fun that we were there around the same time. It makes me almost Vieve famous!!