Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Lemon Bars


Well, it was Monday yesterday, which means it was treat-making day. I picked something really easy and relatively soft, since I will still be without my eating teeth for another few months. (That sounds really weird when you put it like that. Huh.) I found the recipe on Pinterest, naturally, and it’s literally the easiest thing ever.
Recipe:
1 can (15.75 oz) Lemon Pie filling
1 box (18.75ish oz) Angel Food cake mix
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the 2 ingredients by hand until combined. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan, and bake for 20 minutes, until the top is goldeny brown. While the bars are cooling, sprinkle powdered sugar on them. Let cool completely before cutting in and enjoying.
Now, when I first put the pie filling into the bowl with the cake mix, this is what it looked like:

Of course, it concerned me, because I couldn’t figure out how it would work. Then as I started mixing them together, a little poof of white cake powder went up in the air and I inhaled some, which made me pretty sure I would get some kind of lung disease from it. Cake-lungs, that’s gotta be a thing. Luckily, I haven’t felt any ill effects from it as of yet.
That’s it. And it produces these delicious bars of awesomeness that have the texture of angel food cake, but it’s all lemony delicious. This is what they looked like out of the oven:

Mmm so good these were, I recommend them to everyone, especially since they take no time at all to make.

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

Oh my goodness...these were delicious. I hope that you make them again. I know if I made them, I would eat the entire batch. They were amazing!!!

Maleen said...

Okay, that looks super easy, and I love lemon bars. There is no reason I shouldn't try these. And soon.