Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Baking Fever

What was yesterday? Oh, Monday, that's right. Sadly I didn't make anything new, but I made a favorite that I really like. We had a birthday shindig at work today, so I made some treats for that. We were having ice cream sundaes, so I made brownies, and Chelle was in charge of bringing cookie bars. I made two batches of brownies. The first was good for sundaes, just plain brownies, perfect to be paired with ice cream and whatever else you wanted. The second ones were Oreo Brownies, the oldie but goodie. I took a pic of them side by side. I made the plain brownies more fudgey, so they'd be super good, and I made the Oreo ones more plain, so that it wouldn't be too rich or anything with the added sweets.
 Yum! Then after they cooled (it took forever it seemed!) I added the frosting and Oreo's.
And of course, I needed to make something for dinner. I was thinking that I needed to do something with hot dogs - I had a package of them I had opened a week prior, and the package says that they're best by date of: 1 week after you open them, which was yesterday. As I was sitting there, contemplating what to make, I got a text from Chelle, who was asking me some questions about the pizza rolls I made a bit ago. As I was telling her the directions, I realized they sounded delicious, but I didn't have any pepperoni left. You know what I did have, though? Hot dogs and crescent rolls.
So, I did like I did with the pepperoni ones, and just wrapped the hot dogs in the rolls. Some I cut in half, and some I left whole. (and yes, you do spy a rogue pepperoni in there - turns out we had like, 6 pepperoni's in the house, so we made just one, ha.) Cooked them for the same amount of time, and when they were done...
Delicious! I dipped them into some mustard, and some ketchup and they were simply divine. I recommend them to everyone. My bakings took me late into the night (10:10!) but I think it was all worth it in the end - I think everything turned out pretty well.


2 comments:

Chelle! said...

I love it when you bake. I get to taste so many delicious things. I know that I could eat and eat when it comes to your cooking.

Maleen said...

I love pigs in a blanket. Probably my favorite way to eat hot dogs.