Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sour Patch Fairy

As many know, my kid sister Rory moved to Cali with her husband about 4 months ago. We still keep in touch pretty much every day, via texting. Best thing ever, the invention of texting. A few months ago, I sent her some Sour Patch Kids. She told me that she couldn't find any in her town, and she'd tried pretty much every store near her. So, being a kind soul, I logged onto the ol' Amazon, and sent her 2 1.9 lb bags of them.
It was pretty cheap, plus the 2 day shipping was free, so it was easy on my part, I didn't actually have to do much work. So yesterday, she sent me a picture text, showing me that she was almost out of the Sour Patch Kids and how sad she would be. Well, I already had sent her these bags, so I wasn't really thinking of sending anymore, so I just said "Well, maybe the Sour Patch Fairy will visit you." And she asked if she should put the last Kid under her pillow. I said yes, please do, and take a picture to show me, and then we changed the conversation, and I'll admit, I forgot about it. 
Until this morning, when she sent me the following picture:
I DIED laughing at this. I got it during the day, at work, and I laughed hysterically for like, 30 minutes. Of course, I shared with those around me, who also got a good chuckle, methinks. I could never be this clever, I would never even think of it! So, on points of cleverness, I logged onto the ol' Amazon yet again, and have sent her 2 more bags. I haven't told her, though, they'll be a surprise to her when they just show up on her door, and I think that's one of the greatest things, to be surprised with a treat like that. This just goes to show you, if you're clever enough, I'll buy you things. 

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

Aw...this is absolutely adorable. She is truly lucky to have you in her life. I think that she will be so excited when she receives another package...at least I know that I would.

Maleen said...

Ha. That is really funny. I should send my sister a care package...