Thursday, July 12, 2012

It’s Card-Making Time

In 2 days, it’s time for another card club meeting. Now, I don’t want people to think me a slacker, because I am just making the cards today, but I had timed it out this way. I knew I’d be having my surgery this week, so I knew I’d have 2 days of recovery at home, where I’d spend most of my time lying down, watching TV. I decided to add in my card makings, and that way, even though I’d be laid up, I’d still be productive. So I thought I’d share my cards with everyone, as I usually do. One of the cards, I was inspired from Pinterest, but sort of made it my own. I took a whole long time today to make this card, and here it is:

BirthdayCard
It took a while to make, because these dang candles were so dang hard to get on here. Originally, I was just trying to use tape, but then, they wouldn’t stick, so I had to use liquid glass. Of course, it made the other side of the paper all weird from the glue, but they seem to be sticking on so far. I do like the card, it’s just not exactly as I pictured it in my head. Oh well.

My second card follows the format of the card given to us – each card club, we’re given a card that we need to have our card be like, and this is it for this month. I’m pretty pleased with how my card turned out:

BabyCard

So, there they are. My two cards. I hope that I’m not the only person who likes them, because I often have those worries when I’m making cards. I wish I was more confident in my crafty abilities, and maybe someday, I will be. I hope to be, at least!

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Love the candle card, but doesn't that get expensive...buying all the candles?

But really all scrapbooking stuff seems pretty pricey.