Monday, July 16, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday

Over my few days of surgery recovery, I had a few things on my to-do list. They were pretty basic things, one of them was to write in my journal, I also wanted to finish all the magazines I had lying around, that sort of thing. One of them was to do repaint my toenails. Since I had painted them for the 4th of July, I had to change them quicker than usual, because how embarrassing to have red and blue nails when it’s not patriotic! Ha, so I found an amazing color while shopping, and painted them this way on Saturday.
I really wanted to be able to paint a flower on there, but holy cow am I inept at doing so. I tried on my nails, I really did. I even practiced with the paint on paper while the polish dried, but then when I tried to paint on the nail, it ended up looking so dumb, so I had to just choose these polka dots. I know I could just leave the nail plain, but where’s the fun in that? But I will be practicing flowers and one day, I will for sure be able to have awesome nails by my own hand.

With card club being on Saturday, I had an influx of cards, so I needed to get another card box. Ideally, I needed two of them, but I only had one, so the other will wait until I get another box. I need to start giving my cards out more, because the amount of cards I have now is just getting ridiculous! But I like to keep them all, it’s such a conundrum. This time, I made another birthday card box. The next one I need to make is a baby card box, but I didn’t have any cute baby paper, so I chose birthday this time. And here it is:
I chose not to do the CARDS written on there for a few reasons this time. A: I know that its cards in there, people don’t need to know, and B: I run low on letters, usually. I’m ordering some more, but I feel it gives a nice balance, not having to put cards on every single one. But I like this one, I like the balloons. Gives it a good birthday feel.

Yesterday, I went to Husband’s parents’ for dinner, we were celebrating Husband’s birthday a few days late. One of my bro’s-in-law brought a new girl over for the dinner (which I’m getting pretty used to at this point) and now I politely smile when I meet them, but until I see them a few times in a row, I usually don’t make it a point to learn anything about them. (Is this mean? Maybe, but oh well.) So last night, met a new girl, made polite conversation with her for some of the night, and then when we were all saying goodbye, she hugged me. This freaked me out for several reasons. A: If I don’t know you, let’s not hug. There’s no reason to be this familiar with each other. B: Unless I initiate a hug with you, you can bet there’s no reason to be hugging me. If we’re great friends, and have known each other for years, then by all means, let’s hug away all the time. So I gave her a half-hug back, and then nervously laughed and left. I understand that at BYU, girls hug each other all the time, it’s their way of saying hello and goodbye, but that’s just not how I was raised, so I don’t enjoy it when strangers do it to me. I’m sure I’ll get over this, and maybe if I ever see her again, I’ll be ready for it.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

psst...I still have patriotic toes. I hear it is in style til at least Pioneer day. :)

And thank you for reminding me...I need to hug you more often.