Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Mission for Softer Feet


A long time ago, I saw a thing on Pinterest (where else?) that promised to heal the cracks in the heels of my feet, and fill them in forever, leaving me with soft feet. Since I wear only flip flops, usually, I have the worst cracked and dry feet, so I've been looking forward to doing this. It took me a long time to finally get to it, but this week, I had some free time on my hands, so I got to do it. It seemed simple enough. In a large bowl or sink, combine equal parts of warm water with Listerine mouthwash. Myself, I used 2 cups of each, seemed to work just fine. Then soak a hand towel in the water mixture, getting it all kinds of soaked. Then coat your feet in shaving cream. With your feet still coated, wrap them in the hand towel. Just hang out there, feet wrapped, for 30 minutes. After the 30 minutes is over, use the towel to wipe off all the shaving cream, then dry them completely (I dried and waited for about 5 minutes or so, to allow ample time for them to be dry) then apply a good amount of lotion to your feet. Voila! The end.
Now, before we begin, here’s what my feet looked like before I did anything:

So, I did all this. I coated, I soaked, as evidenced by this,

 I waited, I dried, and I lotioned, and…my feet were almost exactly the same, and here’s what they looked like afterwards: (its a little blurry, oops)

 I can maybe feel a bit of softness that wasn’t there before, but the cracks were still there, and there was still some roughness. Bonus though, my feet now smelled minty fresh (as did entire rest of my house, after letting the Listerine towel sit in the laundry hamper overnight) But, it didn’t work like it promised me at all. I of course, tweeted out what I was doing, and then when it didn’t work, and I got a reply from a friend who had done it before, and she said that it had taken her two times of doing this before it worked. So now, I have to wait a week, and then do it again. Apparently, it takes off layers of your skin, so to do it more than once a week would damage your feet. Good to know, I have no problems waiting a week for this. So now, I know that you guys are on pins and needles, waiting to see what happens, as I am. So in a week’s time, I’ll try again, and let you know if it worked. I also got some tips from people, like, using two washcloths instead of just the one that it asked for, etc. I hope it works, because otherwise, I’ll feel pretty silly soaking my feet in Listerine for no reason.

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

I hope this works out. I want to try it and see what happens...but I will patiently wait to see your results.

Maleen said...

Actually, I do want to hear the results. I feel Pinterest is great, but some things are misleading. I just tried something this week that didn't live up to its expectations.

So, let me know. I could use softer feet too.