Sunday, March 9, 2014

Two Cupcakes!

The other day at work, Chelle sent me a link to a recipe that only makes 2 cupcakes at a time. How perfect is that?! Now, when you want a cupcake, you can do that, instead of having to make a whole recipe and making 24. The problem with that many (not that it’s a problem) but that with only 2 people in my house, we have to bring them to our offices, and force people to eat them. So now, I have this recipe. I gave it a try for the first time, and I was hoping so much that it would work. I made them, and look how perfectly they fit:

TwoCakes

I baked them, and let them cool, then whipped up a frosting. I piped it on,

Cupacke

and added an extra dollop of frosting, just because. And then I tried it, and it’s really good. The cupcake is pretty dense, it’s a thick cupcake, but the flavor is really good. Here’s the recipe in case you want to try it:

1 egg white
2 TB sugar
2 TB butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup flour
1/4 heaping tsp of baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 TB milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 2 liners. In a bowl, add egg white and whisk until combined. Add in vanilla and melted butter and stir until mixed. Add flour, baking powder and salt, stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Divide batter equally between the two liners. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cake is set. Let cool, then frost with any frosting you have.

For frosting, I used a really easy one. I had 1 cup of whipping cream, and I googled a recipe that worked with it. For that:

1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3-4 TB granulated white sugar
2 TB unsweetened cocoa powder

Put the mixing bowl in the freezer for 15-30 minutes. Place the vanilla, 3 TB of sugar, and cocoa powder in the bowl. Stir in about 2 TB of whipping cream, to make a paste. Then add the rest of the cream and whip until stiff peaks form. If not using immediately, cover and refrigerate.

The frosting was really good, and tasted really good with the cupcakes. I recommend these both, they’re both so easy!

No comments: