Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Cake Pop Adventure

Tonight, Chelle and I got together to try to make some cake pops. I had never made them before, and neither had she, but she needed to make some for an event, so we were giving it a go beforehand. Chelle got a cake ball/donut-hole maker, so we were going to try that. We got together, made the batter, and got to work. It was surprisingly easy! You just spoon some batter in, wait for about 5 minutes, and then they pop out! We made about 36 or so pretty easily,

IMG_7444

But then when we tried to dip them, they weren’t as easy to do. It was difficult to work with, and boy did mine just look awful. I was googling tips and things, to try and figure out how to make it easier/better/anything, and got some good tips that would have been helpful to have had when we began, but that’s ok. This is how they turned out:

IMG_7445

But they were so delicious! Especially the next morning, I ate a few for breakfast. Delicious. I don’t know that I’ll ever get good at cake balls or cake pops, but now I know kind of how to do it, and that’s helpful.

No comments: