Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Twice-Baked Potato Casserole

I found this recipe on Pinterest a while ago, and only now am I finally getting around to making it. I made it on Sunday, actually. Lets break down the recipe:

8 medium baking potatoes (I used 4 large)
1 8-oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick butter (1/2 cup), softened
1 pint sour cream (turns out, I was out, and used plain Greek yogurt)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled, for garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pierce potatoes and place on baking pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until very soft. Peel and mash potatoes in large bowl. Add cream cheese, butter, sour cream and 1 cup of cheddar. Stir well. Add garlic, salt and pepper and stir again. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place potato mixture in dish, bake for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake for 5 more minutes. Garnish with crumbled bacon.

IMG_7432

I added broccoli, just for funsies. It was really good, I really liked this. I recommend it. It tastes exactly like a twice baked potatoes, of course, and it was pretty awesome.

No comments: