Monday, March 24, 2014

Miscellaneous Monday

Sadly, the running streak that I started back on November 18, 2013 has come to an end. I ran every date on the cruise. Every day! But then, the last day, Sunday, I couldn’t find the time to do it. I asked one of the cruise ship employees if the gym would be open the following day, at 6:00 AM. We were docking at 7:00, so I thought that would be a good time to run, and get it over with. He told me yes, so I planned on it. I got there at 6:10, and it was dark. The gym wasn’t open. Dang it! So then, after disembarking, and driving to see some of Husband’s family, and then driving to the airport, the flight, etc., I didn’t get home until 10:30, and was just too tired to run. So sadly, my streak is over.

When I was in Florida, we were staying with a friend there. He took us to this restaurant in Orlando, where they have drag queens that work there. Every Friday-Sunday, they do a show every night, and on Sunday, it’s a brunch show of singing and dancing. I met and got my picture taken with a drag queen, a perfectly nice and lovely person who was apparently the subject of a documentary about her becoming Ms. Drag Queen 2008. Pretty cool experience to have, definitely not something I thought I’d ever have!

After finally getting home, and unpacking everything, and putting everything into the right places, it was time to do laundry. We finally did it tonight, and it took 4 loads – 2 white, 2 darks to get all of our clothing done and clean. By the time we were getting to fold the last load, I had had enough of laundry. Finally it is all done, and our closets are full of clean clothes.

No comments: