Monday, March 3, 2014

Miscellaneous Monday

On the way down to Durango this past Saturday, we were driving along, listening to a book on tape (The 10-Cow Wives Club, in case you were curious) and just chilling. All of a sudden, an eagle with a wingspan that was the length of my arms flew up in front of us, and missed our bumper by like, 6 inches maybe. Of course, we screamed and the eagle (calmly) flew away, and sat down on a power line, and watched us go. It took a while for my heart to return to normal speed.

We were supposed to get into Durango in 6 hours, according to the internet and our map app, and we had settled in for the ride. We ate our weight in junk food and caffeinated sodas, and were just cruising as we enjoyed the book. There were times when we were passing cars to get ahead, and just driving normally for the most part. There was one time as we were passing an erratically driving semi, that as we looked to our left, we saw, as we were passing one semi, another semi was attempting to pass us both. We booked the car into turbo, and as we were getting away from them, we noticed we were driving 120. 120! My car doesn’t even go half that fast! We laughed about it, and ended up getting there in 5 hours – a full hour quicker than we were supposed to. Awesomeness.

There is something very different about your friends the first time you sleep in the same room together. Chelle and I have been friends for many much years, but this weekend was the first time it went overnight. During the night, as I was awake for a few minutes (I never sleep well in hotel rooms) I glanced over at her, and holy cow, she sleeps quite different than I. I go to sleep on my back, and don’t move around much. Maybe I’ll roll onto my side, maybe I go to my stomach, but I stay within my small radius. She, on the other hand, she sleeps all over the place. She is on this side, that side, she’s sideways, she’s up, she’s down, it was so funny to see how her positions would change. It’s always interesting to find out how people are different from you.

No comments: