Saturday, March 22, 2014

Bermuda…Bahamas…

Today, we sailed into the Bahamas, to Half Moon Cay. Is the word pronounced like “key” or like “kay”? I don’t know, people pronounced it both ways around me. We got onto the island:

IMG_7656

And after getting a pic taken:

HMC_CLA_037

We just kind of hung out. We didn’t plan en excursion on this island, because we were told it was so beautiful, you could just hang out on the beach and enjoy it. So we got off in a leisurely fashion, and Husband played some beach volleyball for a bit. I don’t really like volleyball, so I just watched and got in some action shots.

IMG_7658

After that, we just walked around, and saw this church:

IMG_7657

That apparently, a bunch of people get hitched in every year. We went to the beach, and swam. The water was colder than I thought it would be, I thought it would be nice and warm, like the other beaches, but it was kind of cold! After we swam around for a while, we packed it all in and got back on the boat. We had to be tendered back to the boat – unlike the other islands we went to this time, we had to get on a smaller boat that would take us from the ship to the island. Not a bad view on the drive, though:

IMG_7667

And then, that was it. The vacation (minus the sailing back to Florida) was over. It was pretty dang awesome. I saw lots of cool things, and did loads of cool things, and had such a good time. I totally recommend this cruise, should anyone want to take one!

No comments: