Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Woes of My Toes

Last weekend, I went and got pedicures with Chelle and her mom, plus a manicure. As the guy was doing my toes (We went to a new place, I’ve been disappointed with my place of late), he kept trying to do something – I don’t even know how to explain it, he was maybe trying to pull out hangnails that I didn’t actually have, but mostly, he kind of kept hurting my toes. One of the toes, he made bleed for a few minutes – I have no idea what the heck he was trying to do, but I told him I didn’t like it, and he was hurting me. He then cut my toenails waaaay too short. Like, they hurt they were so short. Finally, when all was said and done, they were cute, even if they hurt.

IMG_5994IMG_5995

There are all of our toes, cute as always. The next few days was just me waiting for my toenails to grow out, even a few millimeters so that they didn’t hurt when I was just sitting there, and finally, they were feeling ok. Then, on Wednesday, we were waiting in the customs line in Germany, and the gentleman in front of me dropped his suitcase on my toe. OUCH I said, but thought nothing more of it. That night, as I was crawling into bed, my toenail snagged on the sheets, and I was like, oh no. So yes, my toenails that were already ridiculously short, were trying to go shorter. I didn’t want to cut it, because there was nowhere else for the toe to go, so I just tried to be really careful, and not let anything touch it. On the flight home, my jeans snagged the nail a little, and pulled it just a little off, dang it! I tried again to be really careful, but last night, I was in my closet, cleaning it out, and I was kneeling, and then as I stood up, my nail snagged on the carpet, and ripped off, and it HURT! I had to cut the nail off where it didn’t rip completely off, and now it hurts and is ugly, and alas. My poor toe.

Toes3

So there it is. Now my toes are no longer pretty and painted, and I’ll have to wait a really long time to go get them fixed. Its ok, it doesn’t hurt unless it rubs against something. Or something falls onto it. Or touches it at all. So now, I feel good about my decision to always wear flip flops.

No comments: