Monday, September 9, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

We had pack meeting last week, when all the scouts get together, not just my Webelos, and we had a bike rodeo. I was in charge of this zig-zaggy course, and if the bikes went over the line, I would buzz them out, and they're not allowed to continue on. Well, I'm the first to admit, I'm kind of a hard-ass about this stuff, I don't want to be like, oh...you did your best, so you get a treat! No, if you cross the line, you're out, end of story. Well, after I buzzed almost everyone out, they started to complain to me that I was too mean, and I was like, I don't care if you think so. Then, they started to be like, we don't like you, and I told them I didn't care if they liked me or not, and then they kept riding my course, complaining the whole time. I told them they were welcome to go to other stations, but they kept coming to mine, so maybe they like it when people are mean to them. Kids are dumb, man.

I'm getting ready to go out of town for a few days, so I've been preparing like crazy for it. Basically, that just means I've been shopping for a dress for it, because so far, I've had no luck. We're going to a gala (yup, that's the word used on the invite) and I feel like I'm supposed to dress fancier than just a regular shindig, but I don't know how fancy it is, so I'm searching for a dress that's halfway near regular and full-blown fancy. I'm not having much luck, and now I hate dresses, and hate events in general. Hopefully I can find one soon that I will just love and want to wear.

Today we went shopping for luggage, because Husband is still using the ones from his mission (not that there's anything wrong with that) and the zippers are all broken, so he decided to get new ones for the trip. I went with on the off chance that maybe I could sneak some luggage in there, and I was in luck! I found some that were on super sale, so I got those, and now I'm jazzed to have new stuff as well. It took a really long time to find some luggage, not only do you have to worry about style, but color too! I went through many colors: gray, teal, green, purple, and brown before settling on the brown. I really like the brown one, but its kind of old school, so I wonder if its the hipster in me that loves it. Here's about what it looks like, I pulled this pic off the web:
Fancy, kind of, and I like it. Hopefully it will serve me well, and transport my belongings safely!

No comments: