Sunday, September 22, 2013

Peanut Butter Cupcakes

Today, we were having a family dinner, and I was asked to bring a salad or dessert. Since it was Sunday, and I had zero salad fixings on hand I had to go with dessert. So I quickly scoured Pinterest, and found this gem of a recipe, Peanut Butter Cupcakes. I was really jazzed when I saw them, I thought, “these look easy enough, and I like peanut butter, and I’ll pair them with a chocolate frosting and make them zing!” Then I read the recipe a little closer, and I see that it makes 12 cupcakes. Since I’m a girl that likes to have treats, I decided to double the recipe to 24, and call it good. I assembled the ingredients, and here they are for your (possible baking later) pleasure. I’ll just put the regular 12-cupcake making recipe, you can double it or keep it single as you see fit; I’m not here to judge.

¼ cup butter, softened
½ cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
2 whole eggs
2 Tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups flour
1 ¼ Tsp baking powder
1/3 cup milk
¾ cup peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and peanut butter until smooth and creamy. (Cream until creamy? A concept!) Add sugar and eggs and beat together until fluffy. Add vanilla and mix for another minute or so. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add half of the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Add milk. Once mixed, add the rest of the dry ingredients. Fold in peanut butter morsels. Scoop into cupcake tins and fill 2/3 way full. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let cool before frosting. (Like anyone needs to be told that)

So there it is; an easy recipe. Until I just typed it up here, though, I didn’t notice that it said to add half of the dry stuff, then the milk, then the rest of the dry, I just did all the dry, and then the milk, and when I tried to add the milk, it sloshed everywhere, and out of the bowl, and I needed to add a little more. It did mix in well, that’s just what happened. This dough is THICK. And I’m not kidding around when I say thick, I had to scoop it into the tins, and then it wouldn’t settle for me to see just how much dough I had in there, so I mostly guessed and just kept adding stuff. But doubling the recipe for my 12 cupcakes left me with 36, so that was weird. But they ended up being pretty good, but they’re really dense. Like, you’ll need some milk (Or water, if no milk is available) to eat these, because they require moisture like crazy. I don’t know if that’s something I did wrong, or if this gal just created a thicker cupcake, but that’s ok, they’re not gross, I really like them. Plus the chocolate frosting is the perfect topping.

Cups

No comments: