Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Germany: Day 1

Hello, friends! I am writing from Germany, I once again have had the good fortune of being able to go to Germany with Husband while he is on business. Not here for very long, only 2 days, in fact, but still, awesomeness. We landed this morning at about 8:00 AM, and made our way to our hotel, 2 hours from the hotel. I was pretty wiped, I didn't sleep as much on the airplane as I would have liked. I woke up today at 3:00 UT time, to be able to be tired enough to sleep on the airplane. I even took 2 Zzzquill on the plane, hoping it would help me sleep, and I didn't get more than about 2 hours sleep in the whole 10 hours, so that sucked. So, we get picked up by the airport shuttle guy and its me, Husband, his coworker, the coworkers wife, and their 4 month old baby. We were told by them that the baby had been so good the entire flight, and that's awesome, but then the baby cried/screamed/etc. the entire drive down to the hotel. Holy cow was that awful.
So finally, we get to the hotel, and they all have a work meeting, which means I got to come up to the room. I explored a bit, and learned that they have a thing in this hotel that the lights don't turn on until your room key is inserted into a slot, what? That's so weird.

Its so that you don't leave the lights on when you leave the room, but still, so weird. Of course, I had to see if they had weird toilet flushers in here, and they do. I don't understand why we have a different way of flushing the toilets in our different countries.

 The way you flush is by pressing the top button there. Anyway, after taking a nap, then eating lunch...napping again, finally, it was time to get to dinner. They were having a dinner for the company, and before we had come, I had asked if I should bring any clothes that are nicer than jeans, just in case, and Husband told me no, it wouldn't be needed. Wellll...at this dinner, we were literally the only people in jeans, I've never felt so underdressed in my whole life, it was awful. The dinner was good, and nobody made me feel weird about just wearing the jeans, so it was just myself putting that sort of pressure on, but ugh I was so irritated that I hadn't brought other clothes. Also, they had carved the hotel out of butter there.

After dinner, we decided to go down to the saunas, which are apparently a huge thing in Germany, I had no idea. They had like, 4 or 5 different kinds, but I'm not entirely sure what the difference is, because when I go in them, they're all just so hot to me, and that's all I can think of. And to top off the experience, I saw a naked guy. Full on, full-frontal, with a shot of butt afterwards, naked guy. I've never been so creeped out in my whole life. Of course to him, he doesn't care that he's naked, whatever, but to me, I just wanted to leave after that.

So there's day one. We're only here for one more day, so stay tuned to find out what happens next!

No comments: