Monday, September 2, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

On Friday evening, I was cleaning the kitchen after dinner, and I pulled out the garbage bag, to take out to the garbage can. As soon as I pulled it out, something leaked from it. I quickly put it back in, and took the whole can outside. After I took out the bag, I saw all of the stuff that had leaked into the bottom of the can, I’m afraid it was just a big pile of sticky. So I came back in, and I mopped the floor, and went to bed. The next morning when I woke up and went into the kitchen, I found that the floor was still sticky. I quickly mopped it, then went to my race. When I returned home yet again, I found that the floor was once again still sticky. I mopped it ONCE MORE, and then went about my day. When I came out of the shower, I found it still was. Now, I can’t believe this, and I have no idea what was in my garbage can to make it sticky. So I went shopping, and bought more mopping supplies. I came home, and gave the kitchen a huge proper mopping, and thought that was good enough. As I was leaving for dinner, I went to check out the floor and learned that once again, it was still slightly sticky. When I returned that evening, I mopped it one more time, and Sunday when I woke, that had finally done the trick. Then today, I decided to mop it one more time, to make sure that everything is finally back to normal, and it seems to be. Finally!
I had my final race of August on Saturday, the Swiss Days 10K. It was a lovely course, not too hard of a course, and I really like that race in general. I used my new GPS watch that I got for my birthday, and at the end of the race, when I do my final sprint-in, I looked at my watch during it, to see what kind of times I was doing. I watched the pace on my watch tick down and down, and finally, my lowest speed was a six minute-45 second mile. I don’t know that I could maintain that for a whole race, but it was awesome to see that I could sprint that fast at the end of 6 miles.
Today is Labor Day. Husband is working (yet again) today, so I’ve spent most of the day alone. I had a quick run this morning, then went hiking with PJ, but we finished everything at 1:00 and home I came. I didn’t really have anything to do, so I cleaned. I vacuumed the whole house, mopped every room that doesn’t have carpet, washed the rugs in the bathrooms, organized the pantry, put away all the papers loose in the house, and…then I ran out of things to clean. This just goes to show you…I really live the high life.

No comments: