Monday, April 15, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

Yesterday, my nephew had his baby blessing. He was adopted 6 months ago, but since you have to wait for 6 months to seal your adopted child to you, they had to wait for this as well. There was a small family shindig afterwards, and I was asked to make a dessert to bring to it. Of course, I pulled out my standard quick dessert, and made my mini chocolate treasures. I think they turned out ok.

Mini

They were all snapped up at the lunch, which made me sad because I wanted to take some home with me, I actually only got to eat one. But that’s ok, at least I know they were good.

After I was done making and frosting them, I was cleaning up, putting dishes into the dishwasher, etc. I had just finished putting everything in there, and I was ready to run it. I had just put some stuff down the garbage disposal, and ran it, and it made the most AWFUL noise. It took me about 30 seconds to realize, the thing making the awful noise? Oh, just the decorating tip I had accidentally dropped down the sink and didn’t realize. I waited for the blades to stop, and carefully put my hand down there, and pulled out the tip. Alas, it was ruined, not even usable a little bit. I should have taken a pic, but I was so distraught in the moment that I didn’t think of it. Now, I need to go back to the store (I bought it at Gygi, so of course I have to go to SLC) and hopefully find the same one, because I loved it.

I need a new card box, soon, so while I had a little bit of time yesterday, I made one. Now, I don’t know what cards I’ll be putting in there yet, so I didn’t have a specific decoration in mind, so I made it sort of generic. I like the way it turned out though, and I can’t wait to assign some cards to it.

Box4

2 comments:

Maleen said...

I've heard great things about Gygi's. I really want to go sometime.

Chelle! said...

I need you to make me some of these card things. I have the boxes but I haven't finished them yet.