Saturday, April 6, 2013

Crafty Home

Today is General Conference, as we all know. When I watch conference, I have to be doing something. Not reading, or playing on the internet, because then I don’t listen. I need an activity that requires focus, yet doesn’t require too much thinking, or else I won’t listen. Usually, I craft. Mostly cards, but since I’ll be doing my cards tomorrow during the Sunday session, I needed something for today, which would be my First Ever time of sitting down and watching the Saturday session. I was putting away my Easter blocks when I happened to notice that I had some blocks I haven’t painted yet. I got these at Christmas time, in case I wanted to give them away as a gift, then I never got around to it, I gave away others instead, so these are just hanging out in my shed, not doing anything. So, after the first session of Conference, I skedaddled over to Craft Wood Cutouts to look at how theirs was decorated (because I have to copy theirs, they always make them cute, and I hoped they still had it in stock/decorated) and they did! So I bought all the stuff, and returned home to finish it during the second session.

It took me the whole session, plus a bit after to finish it, but finally, I did! Here’s what it looks like

Home I think it turned out ok – but only because I copied the way they did it. And this is the perfect fill-in until the craft club makes our next craft, which I hope is soon! In case you wanted to know what it looks like up there

HomeUp

You really can’t see it well, and its blurry because I was falling a little when I took it, but at least I got a pic of it.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

We need to start our craft club again. I want to make that craft. It turned out darling!