Thursday, April 4, 2013

Splinter

Today during work, my knuckle hurt. I looked down, and saw what appeared to be a bluey thing in there. I couldn’t figure it out, and had to ask, and learned it was most likely a splinter in there. I have NO IDEA where it came from. I don’t really hang around wood places, so I don’t know how I got one in there. I tried at work to get it out, with no luck. Of course, I was using a blade normally used to open packages (I put Purel on it to make it sanitary) and tweezers, but couldn’t get it out at all. So finally, I had to admit defeat until I got home.

It wasn’t until I was getting ready for bed that I realized I hadn’t taken the splinter out. So, in my PJ’s, with no glasses on, I poked at it with a needle until my skin loosened, then held the skin up with the needle while I went in with the tweezers to get it out. It was tricky to do, but finally, success!

Splinter

You can’t really see it that well, but you can kind of see it! I was just glad to get it out, and my finger no longer hurt. A victory all around.

3 comments:

Maleen said...

That is a pretty big splinter. I am not a fan of mysterious injuries. I like to know how I got hurt and why.

Chelle! said...

That is huge. I know I couldn't have gotten out by myself...too much of a chicken.

Chelle! said...

That is huge. I know I couldn't have gotten out by myself...too much of a chicken.