Monday, April 8, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

Yesterday, my brother and his wife invited us to breakfast before Conference started. We provided the hash browns and juice, and they provided pancakes, bacon, and eggs. It was pretty delicious. As we were winding down breakfast, Husband gave their new baby,  (who’s actually like, 6 months old) a piece of his hash browns. Immediately, baby’s face did this:
FatBaby
He did not care for it at all. As we were watching him with humor, my sister-in-law turned around and asked if we had given him food. Husband said yes, since he had, and she was a little apprehensive, since this was his very first solid food ever. We watched him closely to make sure he didn’t choke, and good news, he didn’t! But now I think he’ll not give any food anymore without getting permission from the parents.
I was watching Cupcake Wars this weekend, and every time I watch it, I think the same thing: I could totally be on this. Of course, I know that in real life, I’d be super terrified and not able to do anything, but I’d like to imagine I could do it. I think it’d be cool to have a bakery and do that sort of thing for a living, but I’m not naïve enough to think that I could just open a bakery and hit the ground running, and be successful. There are too many cupcake bakeries around, and really, I’m not offering anything new. But it’s a pipedream I have, that maybe someday, I can use my baking powers for money.
This morning, I finally had a good run. Since my sickness, I haven’t been running all that much. On Saturday, I ran for about 11 minutes before I had to start walking. But this morning, I ran for 40 minutes – which I consider a victory. Sure, it was at a slow pace, but I still feel good about it. I only have less than 2 weeks to be ready for the SLC half marathon, and I’m working really hard to be ready for it!



1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I love General Conference weekend. I love to stay in my pajamas and just watch conference. But I think it would be fun to do something with others...maybe.