Monday, April 29, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

I found yesterday that I am rich. I know, I know, you guys must be as surprised as I am, but its been nice to know this. I found this out as I was walking home from church. As we all know, my former scouts visit me every Wednesday, on the way home from their scouts, and I give them candy. One of the boys’ mom stopped me, and let me know that she knew her son was stopping at my house, but he didn’t know she knew which house it was. As far as she was supposed to know, he stops at a secret house every week. And then she told me what he told her: “They’re so rich, they only finish half of their candy!” Now, we all know, this isn’t necessarily true. What is true, is that with only 2 people in the house, and the obscene amount of candy we buy, we just can’t finish it quickly enough. But I’ll let him think that’s why, and his mom will keep pretending she doesn’t know. It’s a nice arrangement for us all.

The basement is still flooded. Well, maybe not flooded, per se, but the carpet is still soaking wet, and it doesn’t seem to be getting any better. We’ve had the fans on all night, we threw in some space heaters to try to keep it warm, so hopefully, that gets better. Tonight, as I was down there tending to things, all of a sudden, the light turned off. Of course, I immediately was like, oh I guess the lightbulb is bad, but then I realized, half of the fans were off, and all of the lights weren’t working. I decided to just give up on things, so I took a breather. A bit later, I returned, flipped the breaker, and it all turned back on again. Hopefully things will dry up now!

Yesterday, after I got home from church, I started to make dinner. I was making CrockPot Enchiladas, and I was pretty excited to try them. When we were halfway through making them, Husband took over things, because my visiting teachers came over, so he finished making the dinner. By the time my teachers left, the crockpot was on, and cooking my dinner…or so I thought. About 4 hours later, as I was gearing up to go to my scout meeting, Husband was checking on dinner. After he poked around a minute, he realized that while yes, he did turn the crockpot ON, he didn’t actually plug it IN. So our dinner had just sat there…for hours…doing nothing. We turned it on, switched it to high, and then I had to go to my meeting. An hour and a half later, I returned, and dinner was done. And while we did eat later than anticipated, I still thought it was delicious, and really, that’s all that matters.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Yep, I've totally done that. I have not plugged it in or forgotten to turn it on. Lame, i tell you.

Chelle! said...

I love your miscellaneous Monday's. They make me smile. Sorry about your crockpot but at least you figured it out before it was too late.