Friday, May 25, 2012

HoHo Kebas

For scouts this week, they boys were earning their Fitness badge. So for our lesson, we learned about food, healthy ones versus bad ones, the food pyramid (which is now a plate!) and things of this nature. Now, of course, I worked on my lesson all week, and had to bring along a treat for the boys, since when I teach, I like to bring treats. I wanted something healthy, but kids don’t always like only healthy things, so I found this on Pinterest (where else!) and decided it was perfect.


You start with some fruit – strawberries, pineapples, and bananas.


Add some HoHo’s, and you’ve got yourself the fixings for a HoHo kebab! It’s literally as easy as it sounds. Cut the tops off the strawberries, cut your pineapples into chunks (its better to cut your own pineapples. The pre-cut ones in the cans aren’t big enough for this), and cut your bananas into pretty big chunks as well. Cut the HoHo into half, and then string them all onto the sticks, in any order that you want. Here’s one of mine:

I should have taken more pictures, probably, but I was in the biggest hurry of my life to get these made and get to scouts on time, so didn’t. But they were really delicious, and I totally recommend these to everyone, and they’re relatively healthy, which was nice. Plus, the scouts loved it, which is always a good sign!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Those look super good, although I know my kids would pick everything off and eat the Ho hos first.

Who am I kidding? I probably would too.

Chelle! said...

You are the cutest little Weblos leader ever!!! I forgot to ask you how this went...how did it go? Seriously!