Monday, May 14, 2012

Craft Earring Holder

I have been getting into jewelry lately, but I’ve talked about it before, so you know. After I hosted my party a couple of weeks ago, my jewelry that I ordered from it (and got most of it for free – seriously people, host a party) arrived! I unwrapped all my boxes, and looked at all of my new things. I love them. Of course, after they arrived, I realized, I don’t have places for this stuff to be! I already had my necklaces on hooks, but I got more necklaces, which meant more hooks. Luckily, I just had a thing I bought at Target for those, so I bought another. I needed something for my earrings, but I couldn’t decide. I had some ideas, and finally (stealing an idea from Chelle), Saturday, I bought all the things I needed.


First, I bought this plain frame:

And this chicken wire:

And I got to work on Sunday. I painted the frame:

Husband helped me cut the chicken wire to fit it:

We stapled it onto there:

And then, I put all of my hooky earrings onto it, just looped them right into the wire. For my smaller earrings, ones that need the backs to keep them into my ears, I wove some ribbon through the wire, and pierced the earrings onto the ribbon. And behold, the final project:

I'm pretty pleased with it, actually. I like it, and put it up on my wall next to my necklaces. I couldn’t believe how easy this was – and I look forward to making improvements to it as I think of them.



2 comments:

Maleen said...

I love my chicken wire earring holder. That is the best way to go. I never thought about threading the ribbon. I might have to try that.

Chelle! said...

I love mine. I love the idea with the ribbon. I must try it.