Monday, May 21, 2012

Colossal Reese's Pieces Chocolate Chip Cookies

I found a recipe on Pinterest the other day for some cookies, and they looked so delicious, I thought, I have to make these. So on Saturday, I got the ingredients for it, and set out to make them yesterday. These would Colossal Reese’s Pieces Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Sounds impressive, right? And they look it, in the picture with the recipe. I started making them, and they were looking really good. Then, I added all of the dry ingredients, and the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and Reese’s Pieces, and all of a sudden, my dough was no longer dough, it was all crumbles! See!

So I went to work mashing the dough together, trying to make some semblance of dough. It took forever, and I had a ton of dough under my finger nails, but at least they were sticking together…sorta. They were all in balls, but if you touched them, they sort of fell apart. But this is as good as I could get them.

They baked in the oven, and I thought they looked pretty good, but they were nowhere near as colossal as I thought they’d be. I guess I just didn’t make the balls as big as I could have, but they seemed as big as I could get them without them falling apart completely.

I had one a few minutes after I took it out of the oven, and it was pretty good, so at least that worked out right. They’re very peanut-buttery, which I always love in a cookie. And in case you want the recipe for yourselves, here you go, and I wish you more luck than I had.

Colossal Reese’s Pieces Chocolate Chip Cookies
3 ¾ cups flour
1 ½ tsp baking soda
¾ tsp salt
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup light brown sugar
¾ cup sugar
2 eggs
4 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips
1 cup Reese’s Pieces

Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper (it actually took me 3 sheets, so…take note), set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside. With an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low, and gradually add the flour, mixing until it has almost all been incorporated. Add the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and Reese’s Pieces and mix briefly (about 20 seconds) to ensure that they are evenly distributed. Roll a ¼ cup of dough into a ball and place on a baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough, you should end up with about 18 cookies. With your fingers, press down on the balls of dough to flatten into disks. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, just until the edges of the cookies are brown. Remove from oven; cool.

See, easy peasy. Does my failure to make this into dough mean I’ll never make these again? No, but I’ll probably add more liquids this time around, or less flour, or something. Maybe I’m just not as good a baker as I think I am and no recipe will ever work out for me exactly as I think it will. Oh that’s a sad thought. Lets not think about that. Onto the next baking project!

3 comments:

Maleen said...

They sure sound yummy, but I get frustrated too when the recipe doesn't seem to go like I planned. But there is always next time...

ruzzel01 said...

Sounds like i can make them easily by simply following the instructions.

uv detectors

Chelle! said...

These were so delicious. Thanks for sharing and posting the recipe on your blog. :)