Saturday, May 19, 2012

Nails, nails everywhere

I got to work yesterday, on Friday, and after I’d been there for a few minutes, a coworker came to tell me that I had a flat tire. What the?! I said, and went out there to look. Yup, there it was, a flat, on my passenger front side. I couldn’t believe it! The guys at work said they’d help me put the spare on there, so I could go to my local Big O and get them to fix it. Of course, it rained cats and dogs all day, so they couldn’t help me out. Luckily, one of the maintenance guys had an air compressor, so we filled the tire, and I drove to Big O, praying the air would hold.

I got there ok, and one of the guys looked at my tire, and found a nail in it! Curse you, construction! You’re ruining my tires! Luckily, it was in a spot where they could just patch it up and fix it, and not replace the whole thing. I also had them change my oil and rotate my tires, since I was there anyway. I was there for a long time, though. I read all their magazines, watched their TV channel of great commercials, and played all the games on my phone. I was psyched when I finally got to get out of there. When I got into my car, I saw this:

5-17-12 118

Ha ha I loved it! I usually just have the computer print-out, telling me when to come back, but with this handwritten note with the little thank you on it? Just made my day, and I was glad that I came to this Big O to begin with.

And now I’m fixed, and all the tires are full, and the oil is good. I’m ready to keep going…until August, when I need to go back for my next oil change. Drive on!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Yeah, Friday was really gross. It was practically hailing at one point. Bummer. But I'm glad your car didn't need huge repairs.

Chelle! said...

Oh, I do not like construction. I am so tired of taking my car to Big O for another nail situation!!