Monday, September 12, 2011

Memories…

All right, recently, I have been getting a lot of flack for what I have or have not put into my blog. For my birthday, mom and pops got me a blog book – they put all of my blogs into book form, someone printed it off with pictures, etc, and now I am a “published author”. So, because my blog book has been at my house, people have been browsing through it, and commenting on it. And I have been given a lot of grief over not really mentioning Husband on here. So here it is, memories of Husband.

Even though my 4 readers know this, Husband’s name is Adam. Adam is a Canadian. Do I make fun of Canadians often now? You bet I do! We met  in August of 2010, and had our first date the day after my birthday. We went on several dates, and he taught me an important lesson:

gossip

After several months of dating (but not many!) we got engaged on December 28th, 2010. He proposed to me in the park where we had the bulk of our first date. Being December, and a park, it was freezing, but we survived with all of our limbs. The next few months were a flurry of planning, as we got married on March 5th, 2011.

wedding 

If you check my blog between the engagement and the wedding, you’ll notice that I only wrote about twice. I was busy, that’s all I’m saying!

After the wedding, we went on the honeymoon, as is custom. We took a cruise that went from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas. We drove to Vegas the night after the wedding, stayed there for a night, and then drove to San Diego the next morning. The directions that iPhone gave us were retarded, so we barely made it to the ship on time, but we did, and that’s all that mattered. I did a lot of sleeping the first day and a half, being so tired from the previous months. But finally, we arrived in Cabo:

wheel

We just kind of explored the city for a while, and did some parasailing.

parasailing

That was a lot of fun, the 6 or 7 guys that were with us were some of the funniest people I’ve met. We had a blast with “The Boys” as we had dubbed them. On the second day (we had 2 days in Cabo) we saw and got to hold a baby tiger. The tiger was sleeping in the cage right up until they handed him to us. They explained to me how to hold it, and I thought I had a pretty good grip on it. It kept yowling at me, and trying to scratch or bite, or whatever it could to stop me from touching it. Right after we took the picture, it lunged at and tried to bite Husband. Luckily, he missed, and the handlers grabbed him before he could try again.

tiger

So there it is. Our courtship and marriage. We lived in an apartment for the first six months, but 3 weeks ago, we moved into our very first house. As I’ve mentioned on here before, the signing/moving/painting/cleaning/everything has been crazy, and a lot of work, but we’re nearing the finish line on it, and I’m excited for when the painting will be done. Of course, there’s still work to do after that, but at last, the painting will be out of the way.

Of course, there is no real reason Husband was never included in the blog, its just that my blog is only about the weirdo things that I come up with, so there was never an intention to leave him out or anything. But now you know all about him, and the life we’ve led so far. There have been tons of adventures already, and here’s to many many years of many more.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

That was fabulous. I even learned stuff, like Canadians are almost people too. Just kidding. I love Canadians.

Sounds like your honeymoon was awesome. I have yet to go on a cruise.

Love all the pictures and I can't believe you were almost eaten by a baby tiger.

Chelle! said...

Aw...memories. You were pretty darn busy during those months. Hopefully, your post does redeem some points with those that gave you some flack.