Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Scared Silly Saturday

This past Friday night, it was pretty cool (temperature-wise) when I was going to sleep, so I turned off the AC, and opened like, every window in the house, including the 2 in my room. So, I go to sleep, with the gentle breeze wafting into the room.

I wake up the next morning at like, 6:00ish (on a Saturday! Come on!), to a noise. I wait for a minute, and another happens. In my sleep-addled brain, the noise to me sounded like someone was putting a ladder against the window, and then I swear, I SWEAR I heard someone climbing up onto the roof. I laid there, silently, not moving, not doing anything, just listening. I waited a minute, then stole a glance over to the window. The noises kept repeating, and I kept waiting for a murderer to come into the window. I waited…and waited…and no one came, and then I realized, the wind was blowing so hard that it was rustling my metal-like blinds, and that was making the noise. Relieved, I turned over and tried to fall asleep again. The noises kept happening, and even though I knew that it was the wind, and not a killer, finally I leapt out of bed and slammed shut all the windows.

And fell fast back asleep.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Oh my goodness...I would have gotten up, locked myself in the bathroom and cried huge tears. I am such a scaredy cat!!!