Thursday, September 15, 2011

And the answer is…

All right, here we are. Day 4 of Husband week. I couldn’t think of a topic, until I was helped by Chelle. It’s not that I have nothing to talk about anymore, its just…that I don’t know what to talk about, so my mind goes blank, and I don’t have any idea of any memories of us, so I don’t know what to say. But today, I’ve chosen to relive our engagement.

I won’t lie, I thought (now) Husband would have proposed to me over the holidays. Because it’s a cliché, I thought it would happen to me too. So here came Christmas Eve, and…nothing. And then, Christmas Day! And…nothing. So I was like, all right, this is never happening now. So I had put it at the back of my mind, because I didn’t think it would happen any time soon, which was fine. I was pretty sure it was coming eventually, so I didn’t stress too much about it.

So one day, the 28th of December, we were at his house, hanging out, not really doing anything. We were trying to decide what to do that evening, but so far, couldn’t think of any ideas. Finally, he asks if bowling sounds fun, and I’m like, yeah, lets go bowling. We get in the car, and off we go. He wasn’t going in the direction of the nearest bowling alley (Fat Cats!) so I just assumed he was heading to the one up on state street in Orem, so I didn’t question it. Then we pulled into the park where we had most of our first date (I saw most, because we had dinner, got a cookie, walked around for a while, and then found ourselves at this park for a few hours, so, most) and then that’s when I was like, oh my dude, this is when it’s going to happen.

We get out of the car, and of course, the car is covered in snow, and its freezing even with my winter coat on. We walked around for a minute, then found (we think, through the snow) the spot where we had our first kiss. We chatted for a few minutes, and there was a dang dog barking the entire time that we kept laughing about. He kept taking a breath, like he was going to start talking, then he would still be quiet. After what seemed like forever (because I was so antsy!) he got down on one knee, and proposed. And of course, I cry, like a girl, and say yes.

So there it is, my proposal. And so far, everything has turned out pretty well for the two of us. And I leave for you, a photo, one of my favorites from our engagement photos.

engage

2 comments:

Maleen said...

How romantic. At least you didn't get married in December. Trust me...that sucks. We get snow every year for our anniversary. But we have only ourselves to blame.

Chelle! said...

Aw...just think if you receive another blog book...you will have the story of your engagement. What a fun night!!