Monday, September 19, 2011

I wish I could blame it on age, but…

We all know, I don’t really have that good of a memory. I can barely remember childhood fun, and now, I have to write every single thing that I need to buy from the grocery store, or I’ll forget it. If I need to remember something for later, I either have to send myself a text message, or put it on a post-it note, and attach that to my cell phone, so that I know I’ll look at it later. Its possible that many people are like this, but from my point of view, my memory is not very good.

This Saturday, RSL played Sporting Kansas City (yes, that is their full name, isn’t it awesome?) on the same day as The Holy War. I had spent most of the morning shopping, groceries, etc, and then went up to Sandy to go to Tai Pan. A group of us shopped up there for a while, and then went to eat at Simply Thai. The game started at 7:00, per usual, and we got to the parking lot at 6:30. When we got to the lot, I stepped out of the car, and as soon as I stood up, I realized, I didn’t bring the tickets with me. I left the tickets on my nightstand. I wanted to kick myself so hard!

We immediately got back in the car and went home, with me cursing myself the whole time. We thought about going to the box office, to see if we could just get the tickets there, but when we got near there, we saw the line there was insane, and since I wasn’t sure if they could do that anyway, we just drove home. I was calling the box office of RSL to see if there was anything they could do, but no one ever answered. After some serious speeding, we got to the house a little before 7:00, and grabbed the tickets, and immediately hit the road.

We got back up to Sandy at like, 7:20. Husband, being the nice guy that he is, dropped me off in front of the stadium, so that I could run in and watch the game while he parked the car. I got to my seat 25 minutes into the game, and thankfully had not missed much. RSL ended up winning the game, 1-0, and we’re now in 3rd place in the west. Huzzah! We took this picture while we were waiting for the concert after the game, OneRepublic to get started.

RSLgame

The concert was pretty good, but the sound quality was horrible, so we left early, maybe 15, 20 minutes into it, but that was plenty. I guess my whole story here could have been avoided had I just done one small thing – checked for the tickets. 5 years of games, 20 games a year…you’d think I’d have learned this. And believe you me, now, I have.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

I hear you. I have the same terrible memory. It's awful. I'm glad you didn't miss too much of the game though. Woot!

Chelle! said...

That is a darling picture of you two. Glad that you were able to see some of the game.