Friday, September 30, 2011

Foto Friday… Pt 1

Ok, here’s the thing. I meant to do one of these entries the other day, and make it its one, but there’s a picture attached, so I thought I could sneak it in under a Foto Friday. But there’s some other pictures that I wanted to share with everyone, so I’m doing a two-parter. That’s right – the first ever two part Foto Friday! *cheers*

This one has a story with it though. Tuesday night, I drove up to SLC to meet Husband and his company for dinner at Buca di Beppo. So I get there, and of course, it being SLC, I have to find a parking lot to park in, and find one that’s hopefully cheap enough, because I only have $5 in cash (all in ones, of course) to pay for it, and it has to be long enough time that I don’t have to be rushing to my car. So I find one, and I think it’s good enough. I park, and I’m standing in line, the third back. And waiting…waiting…because the people in front of me are taking forever. So as I’m waiting, a guy comes up to me, and asks if I’m paying to park. Uh…I’m standing in the line…yes I am. So he tells me, he only got there 20 minutes ago, and his parking pass is still good, so if I want it, to save me a bit of money, I can take it. Well, this sounds awesome, so I follow him (nervously!) to his car. He takes out his pass, and hands it to me. After I thank him, he drives away, and I get a look at the pass. It’s good for 10 more hours – I’m saved! I saved money, I don’t have to hurry back, what a glorious thing this stranger did for me.

parkign

So that’s my story of what a Good Samaritan did for me. I keep trying to pay it forward, but so far, no opportunities to do so have popped up, but I’m keeping my eyes open. Hopefully soon, I can help someone out like this guy did for me!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

That is awesome. My mom was telling me how she paid for some lady's cheese who couldn't pay with a check. Random, but a kind act is always appreciated.

Chelle! said...

This is so cool. My roommates and I were on a trip and we paid for the few cars behind us at toll booth. I love that type of feeling!!