Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bucket Listing

All right folks, we’re all in for a treat today. What is this treat, you ask? Easy – I’m doing more than one blog entry for the week! I know, I know, you’re about to pass out in your chair from the excitement of the multiple entries, but stay with me. We’ll get through this together. So, Husband, who has actually never read my blog, read it yesterday. He thought that it seemed like he had died, and while I can see where he’s coming from, I disagree, but that’s because it’s my blog, and I get to say what I want here. Anyway, I have decided to write an entry every day this week dedicated to Husband. Why? Because now nobody can ever say that I don’t mention him on here.


The other day, I was going through my bucket list of the 100 things I’d like to do before I die. I was telling them to Husband, so that he could know the things I want to do (and what he’s in for), and as I was reading them, I realized, Husband has already helped me accomplish some! I have now accomplished getting a passport, going on a cruise, and waxing my legs. Thank goodness the first two was way awesome, because the waxing of the legs, that one made me want to shoot someone. But at least on the cruise, I didn’t have to shave, so that was awesome. He’s also helped me cross off river rafting, and he’s slowly helping me collect shirts from every Hard Rock cafe. So far, on every business trip he’s taken, he’s brought me back a shirt from the HR, so I’m getting there!


He keeps trying to help me get other things crossed off, and so far I’ve resisted. Camping keeps getting thrown out there as an activity, but I’ve tried very hard, and have thus far successfully avoided it. I’m just a sissy there. Plus, he keeps getting me to eat exotic foods, but it always sounds so gross, so I just don’t! I keep thinking I’ll be brave and try stuff, and while I’m doing better (I eat sushi sometimes!) mostly I chicken out. But I’m working on it. Since I’ve created the list, I have finished 10 of them! 10! That’s only in 3 years, which seems like not many in the span of that much time, but this is a list I’ll be working on for the rest of my life, so I feel pretty good about my accomplishments thus far.

No comments: