Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ketchup

All right, I know it’s been a while since I’ve been here. In my defense, I have been a little busy. What with the moving, the unpacking, the cleaning, the painting, the mounting of pictures, etc, I still haven’t had very much free time at all. But here’s me, hopping onto here, to explain where I’ve been.

Last week, it was my birthday. My desk was decorated awesomely by Chelle. She did a princess theme this year, as you can see. Last year, she did a theme for soccer, my favorite thing ever, but because the balloons were black and white, everyone assumed she was calling me over-the-hill, which of course, she wasn’t. So this year, pink was the theme!

Bday

Also, she got me a crown to wear that day, and I got to wave wands around. I wore the crown until the night, when I went up into the canyon for a dinner ‘round the fire. I didn’t want my crown to ruin, obvs. But it was a fabulous birthday, (thanks Chelle for the awesome work experience) and I loved turning…late twenties. :)

The rest of my time has basically been spent cleaning. Cleaning the new house, cleaning the apartment (which, we finally accomplished on Sunday, and then got to hand over the keys on Monday, so we’re all done with that, woohoo!) and just…general fixing up of stuff. We’ve been putting up blinds, changing light bulbs, etc. This weekend, we’ll be taking advantage of (read:ruining) the three day weekend by finishing all of the painting once and for all. All that we have left to paint: the 2 stairwells and the 2 bathrooms. I have confidence that those painting (I still will not, sorry everyone) will finish the job awesomely, and I will be…hanging out, doing something. Lets be honest, I’ll probably be cleaning. There are still a few boxes that I need to clean out, but for the most part, until I get some bookshelves, I can’t unpack anything else. Hopefully I’ll be able to get those soon, so I can finally feel like we’re moved in. Another thing that’ll help with that is if we actually got furniture into the front room. So far, we’ve been using that room as a dumping ground for things that we don’t know where to put yet. So it looks a little like we’re awkward hoarders.

So there it is. That’s what I’ve been doing. Nothing exciting, but I can feel that soon, in my future, we’ll be able to have a day where all I have to do is sit and do absolutely nothing. I look forward to this day. And when it happens, I’ll be singing from the rooftops.

2 comments:

fender said...

What matters most is you celebrated it the way you like. And it seemed to be very successful.
insulated wine bags

Chelle! said...

Just think...it will all be over soon and you can restfully enjoy your new home!