Thursday, August 21, 2008

¡Cien!

This is my 100th post!! Dear readers, I can’t believe it’s already come to this many! As I look back on the past 100, I can’t help but be touched by all the things we’ve gone through. The soccer games, the running, the good times and bad. Most people do a contest or trivia game of sorts to commemorate their 100th post, but I couldn’t really think of anything for that. I’m not as clever as others, I suppose. So to celebrate this momentous occasion, I’ve decided to make a list of the 100 things I’d like to do before I die. I hope to accomplish them all-most likely with PJ at my side.

1. Go Bungee-Jumping. I want to do this so much!
2. Go on a cruise. I’m not picky, any cruise will do
3. To do that, I’ll need a passport.
4. Eat a Gray’s Pappaya hot dog. I’ve heard they’re delicious-I’ve always wanted to try one.
5. See a Broadway show, on Broadway, in New York
6. See the Grand Canyon. Even though I’m assured this is not that big of a deal, I still want to see it.
7. Go the 4 corners-Utah, New Mexico, Nevada, and Arizona. PJ has said she’ll take me-and I can’t wait.
8. Wax my legs. Even though it’ll be painful, I so want to try at least once
9. Ride every ride at Disneyland. I’m dangerously close to finishing this one, actually. I’m one ride away-I’m hoping we’ll do it next time!
10. Be an extra in a television show or movie. I don’t even have to have a line!
11. Go river rafting. So scary-but I want to!
12. Go to London-actually, any part of England, probably
13. Go to Australia-love those accents!
14. Travel by train-in both Europe and America
15. Go to an awards show-either one of the Oscars, Golden Globes, or the Emmys.
16. Go to the Ellen Degeneres Show-an audience member, if you can’t tell
17. Meet a celebrity-someone that I’d like to meet. Best one-Robert Downey Jr.
18. Go camping. Sleep in a tent.
19. Learn to swim-properly
20. Visit New England in the fall and take a drive through the foliage
21. Go to the Sundance film festival (and maybe see some celebrities there…)
22. Eat in a small town diner. I don’t know why.
23. Walk down a dark alley at night. Maybe a superhero will rescue me.
24. Stay in the Plaza Hotel.
25. Visit Central Park
26. Go to the Hollywood walk of fame. Take a picture by my favorite stars.
27. Watch all the Oscar-nominated films one year- I haven’t done this yet because every year, most of the films look super boring
28. Visit the Empire State building
29. See the Eiffel tower
30. Go to the Chrysler building
31. Master an accent. Preferably British, but I’ll take any
32. Snorkel
33. Scuba dive
34. Overcome my (slight) fear of water
35. Watch a marathon of all Lord of the Ring extended editions
36. Go the Hershey factory
37. Take a midnight swim in the ocean
38. Visit a country club, go to their dance
39. Take a helicopter ride
40. Ride in first class on an airplane
41. Get a shirt from every Hard Rock Café in the world
42. Sing the National Anthem at a sporting event. Terrifying-but I’d love to try it.
43. Watch all the movies in my collection
44. Run a marathon
45. Visit every state in the USA
46. Touch a cow
47. Go to Venice
48. See RSL play in every city of the teams we play-I hope that makes sense.
49. Shop at Saks Fifth Avenue
50. Learn to like small children and babies
51. Throw a drink into someone’s face
52. Learn to play an instrument. I’m not picky, I’ll take anything
53. Attend one major sporting event-Super Bowl, MLS Cup, that sort of thing
54. Go skydiving.
55. Get a letter published in Entertainment Weekly
56. Learn how our democratic process works
57. Go to Oktoberfest-in Germany
58. Have a kick-ass New Years Eve
59. Learn to juggle
60. Ride in a hot air balloon. (see ya later, suckers)
61. Go skiing. First, overcome fear of skiing.
62. Coach a soccer team-preferably little kids
63. See an opera
64. Learn to be completely satisfied with myself-flaws and all
65. Learn sign language
66. Visit the American Museum of Natural History
67. Go to the Museum of Modern Art
68. Go to Madame Tussauds wax museum-any location
69. Attend a Hollywood film premiere and the after party
70. Slap someone across the face-and mean it
71. Break a bone-one that’s better than a nose, anyway
72. Eat something exotic and probably gross. Like octopus or something
73. Go to a soccer match in England
74. Ride in a limo
75. Introduce a new word into society. I don’t know what word or how, but I will
76. Play and finish an entire game of Monopoly. I always give up about halfway through
77. Play a golf game-all 18 holes of “real” golf
78. Visit the Great Wall of China
79. Swim with a dolphin
80. Own a pair of ridiculously expensive shoes-like Jimmy Choos or Manohlo Blahniks
81. Set a Guinness World Record
82. Time Travel – specifically to the past
83. Ride an elephant
84. Wear a dress that would require a corset. I’d love to wear a Jane Austen-type period dress.
85. Get arrested (For only a minor crime!)
86. Visit Mount Rushmore
87. I want to be able to do a flip.
88. I want to own a house that has a massive walk-in closet
89. Ride a jet-ski
90. Punch a shark in the face
91. Win an eating contest
92. Go to the Amish country
93. I would love to meet some WASPS. And if all goes well, I’ll marry one!
94. Learn how many pickled peppers Peter Piper picked
95. Be on the jury of a high profile important case
96. Find a treasure map-and then find the treasure!
97. See Britney Spears in concert. I don’t know if it’ll be as good as she was back in her prime, but I think she would give an amazing concert. Don’t judge me.
98. Learn how to fence
99. See the Loch Ness Monster in real life-I know he exists!
100. Get into a fist fight-and win

Most of these are probably impossible, or at least will be hard to do. I’m going to try to do all of these-no matter how long they take me!
Happy 100th!

3 comments:

Chelle! said...

Happy 100th!!! Ride an elephant? Oh, that would way too scary. Just think...if you want to accomplish all those things, then put your mind to it and do it!!!! I know you can!!

Maleen said...

Um, I don't care how much you put your mind to it, I don't think you are going to get much time traveling done. Good luck on the rest though.

PJ said...

I have so many comments on this post. I’ll resign myself to the following:

9. Which ride are you missing? Casey Jr?
11. River rafting can actually be alright. It depends on which class rapids you take. I’ve been down part of the Blackfoot.
12. I totally want to go visit our British friends in Newcastle.
18. This is probably the easiest thing on your list to do.
19. I’m an awesome swimmer.
20. I think you mean foilage.
21. You don’t count the one movie we saw as going to the Sundance film festival?
22. Haven’t we done this?
23. Do you mean me when you say a superhero?
24. ~$900/night
27. Super boring!
32. I’m ready to teach at any time.
33. I’m actually afraid to scuba dive.
49. Buy a key ring.
56. I don’t think there’s a single person who understands this.
58. Yeah, New Year’s Eve is not that fun when you don’t drink.
60. He he he
61. I won’t teach you this, you’ll be worse for it.
63. I would love to see Aida in Opera form.
65. I know the sign for turtle.
72. Does Chicken Heart count?
80. Would you ever wear them?
84. Me too! But I’m more into the big dresses with loads of petticoats, circa 1860 (think North & South).
87. Like on a trampoline?
100. Let’s go!